Our April Justice Café Topic is Common Good.
Join the Justice Cafe Near You!
"The good we secure for ourselves is precarious and uncertain until it is secured for all of us and incorporated into our common life." ~ Jane Addams
Reflect & Explore (Before the Cafe)
- Pay attention to discussions about public services, budget cuts, and the election debate. How is the common good included (or not) in the discussion?
- Think of a time when you made a decision that was for the good of others, not just yourself. What was the impact? What did you learn?
- Watch a video and post a comment
- Explore the topic further using the "learn more" links below
Learn More (Before and After the Cafe)
- Visit these websites to learn more about the critical issues and real life stories
- Watch a video clip about the common good
Continue the Conversation (After the Cafe)
- Visit the Conversation Blog
- Connect with young adults in other cities in the main Discussion Blog
- Post an update from your Justice Cafe conversation
- Share action suggestions and continue the conversation
- Watch a video clip and post a comment
Act for Justice
- Participate in or organize a voter registration drive
- Organize a fundraiser for an organization that supports the common good globally or locally
- Visit the IPJC Legislative Action Center to take action for justice